Barclays’ Glasgow Campus Celebrated at BCO National Awards
4th Oct 2023
Barclays’ Glasgow campus was celebrated as the Best of the Best at the British Council for Offices (BCO) National Awards last night, also taking home the prize for Corporate Workplace. Eight further winners were recognised as leading examples of excellence in workplace design in the UK.
The BCO’s respected National Awards programme sets the standard for best-in-class office buildings across the sector. The awards dinner, with guest speaker Jeremy Vine, attracted over 1,200 key players from the industry. The winners of the BCO Regional Awards were among the attendees at Grosvenor House in London, hoping to take home the National Award for their category.
The winners of the BCO National Awards 2023 are:
- Best of the Best – Barclays Glasgow Campus
- Corporate Workplace – Barclays Glasgow Campus
- Highly commended – TJX Watford Campus
- Commercial Workplace – One Portwall Square, Bristol
- Fit Out of Workplace – Diageo 1HQ, London
- Projects up to 1,500m² – Threesixty Architecture Studio, Inverness
- Refurbished/Recycled Workplace – Sycamore House, Stevenage
- Highly commended – Calico, Manchester; The Kensington Building, London
- Innovation – Five Bank Street, London
- ESG – HERE Building, Thames Valley Park
- Test of Time – White Collar Factory, London
- Highly commended – Waterfront Point, Widnes
- President’s Award – HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC) Locations Programme
Barclays’ campus has successfully regenerated a derelict site on the bank of the River Clyde. It particularly impressed the judges with the benefits it has delivered for both employees and the wider community through considered placemaking and social initiatives. Combining such initiatives with exceptional workplace design makes it a “truly outstanding” project, the judges remarked. Notable for its focus on creating an inclusive and “barrier-free” working environment, the campus also deploys renewable energy technologies and houses an educational Sustainability Centre.